Data Protection InformationWe are pleased about your visit on this Website. We are committed to protect your personal data and comply with applicable data protection law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Directive ("GDPR").
In this data protection information, we explain which information (including personal data) are processed by us in connection with your visit and use of our aforementioned digital offer ("Website") the employment relationship.
I. Who is responsible for processing of peronal data?
The controller responsible for the processing of personal data is the Verband Bauen in Weiß e.V., Hohes Steinfeld 1, 14797 Kloster Lehnin, Germany, telephone: +49 3382 7060 112, telefax: +49-3382-7060 110, e-mail: email@example.com Any reference to "we" or "us" in this data protection information is a reference to the aforementioned entity.
II. Which principles do we observe?
In order to comply with applicable data protection law, we only process your personal data on the basis of a statutory authorization or if you have declared your consent.
On this Website we may collect information that does not allow us to draw any direct conclusions about your person. In certain cases - especially when combined with other data - this information can nevertheless be considered as "personal data" under applicable data protection law. Furthermore, we may also collect information on this Website that does not enable us to identify you, directly or indirectly; this is the case, for example, with aggregated information about all users of this Website.
III. Which data do we process?
You can access our Website without entering personal data (such as your name, your postal address or your e-mail address). Also in this case we must process certain information to enable you to access our Website. In addition, we use certain analysis methods on this Website and have integrated third-party functionalities ("social plug-ins").
1. Logfiles: When you visit this Website, our web server automatically stores the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer (usually a computer of your internet access provider) including the date, time and duration of your visit, the subpages/URLs you visit and information about the application(s) and terminal(s) you use to view our pages.
4. Alternatively, you can use the link below to prevent data from being sent to Google or processed by Google: To opt-out please click here. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this Website. Further information on data protection at Google Analytics can be found at here http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html and here http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
5. Facebook Social Plugin: We have integrated a button of Facebook on our Website. You can recognize the Facebook buttons by the Facebook logo or the "Like" button.
In order to prevent the automatic collection of information by Facebook as soon as our Website is accessed, we have implemented the so-called "two-click solution": Next to the Facebook button there is another area that looks like a switch. Only when you press this switch and then click the Facebook button again, information (such as the address of our Website and your user ID) is sent to Facebook.
6. Twitter button: Our Website uses the buttons of the Twitter service. These buttons are provided by Twitter Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. They are recognizable by terms such as "Twitter" or "Follow", combined with a stylized blue bird. With the help of the buttons it is possible to share a post or page of this offer on Twitter or to follow the provider on Twitter. When you access an area of our Website that contains such a button, your browser establishes a direct connection to Twitter's servers. The content of the Twitter button is transmitted directly from Twitter to your browser. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data Twitter collects with the help of these plug-ins and inform you exclusively on the basis of the information available to us. Thereafter, only your IP address and the URL of our Website will be transmitted when the button is purchased, but will not be used for any other purposes than the display of the button. Further information can be found in the Twitter data protection declaration at http://twitter.com/privacy.
8. Information and consulting options
a) Contact: If you contact us via one of the channels indicated on our website, we will process any personal data contained in your message and provided by you in order to process and respond to your request.
b) Information via email: If you have asked for information material to be sent, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your name and surname and the details of the contact channel you have chosen (mail and/or e-mail) for the one-off dispatch of the material you have requested.
9. Registration / Account
When registering as a user - especially when creating a customer account - we collect personal and process the data specified in the registration form on our Website.
Basic data (mandatory): We process certain general data concerning our customers and the contact persons, collectively "basic data". Basic data include initials, full name, e-mail address, phone-number, organization and postal address. The basic data are inevitable for conference organisation and execution.
Additional data (voluntary): Additional data include information (portrait foto, professional details, detailed contact information) provided for the voluntary completion of your personal profile at the conference website and app.
The processing of your profile data in the app is based on your consent on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 a) GDPR. Please note that you can revoke your consent to us at any time with future effect, e.g. by sending a message by post, fax or e-mail via one of the contact channels listed on the first page of this Data Protection Information.
We may request the re-entry of data already collected during registration (in particular for your identification) and process further personal data if you wish to use certain content on our Website or place an order.
IV. For which purposes and on which legal basis do we process your personal data?
1. We process personal data possibly contained in logfiles to enable you to use our Website; this processing is based on Article 6 para 1 f) GDPR for the purposes of our justified interest in operating our Website.
3. The processing of personal data for handling one of your requests via one of the channels indicated on our website is carried out in any case for the purposes of our legitimate interest in establishing and maintaining business contacts on the basis of Article 6 (1) f) GDPR. If your request relates to the conclusion of a contract or pre-contractual measures, your personal data will be processed on the basis of Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
4. If you place an order via our Website or register on our Website as a user or for a customer account, we process the data collected in this connection for the execution of the contracts concluded with you on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 b) GDPR.
5. We may process the data processed in connection with your use of our Website also for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject; this processing is based on Article 6 para 1 c) GDPR.
6. To extent necessary, we process personal data (in addition to the processing for the purposes of the employment relationship or to comply with legal obligations) for the purposes of our justified interests or the justified interests of a third party on the basis of Article 6 para 1 f) GDPR. Justified interest may include
a) the establishment of or defence against legal claims
b) the prevention and investigation of criminal offences
c) management and further development of our business operations including risk management
V. Are you obliged to provide data?
The information required for the registration for our newsletter, the provision of information and consulting or the registration as user or the creation of a customer account are marked as mandatory information in the corresponding area of the Website (e.g. an online form); without the provision of mandatory information, we cannot enable you to use the respective functionality.
If we collect additional data from you, we will inform you if the provision of such information is based on a legal or contractual obligation or necessary for the performance of an agreement. We usually indicate which information may be provided voluntarily and is neither based on a legal or contractual obligation nor necessary for the purposes of an agreement.
VI. Who obtains or has access to your data?
Personal data are generally processed within the Verband Bauen in Weiß e.V., Hohes Steinfeld 1, 14797 Kloster Lehnin, Germany and its associates (Xella), Eventbuizz ApS, Vesterbrogade 121, 6, DK-1620 Copenhagen, Denmark (Operator of both conference website and app) and the Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Hohes Steinfeld 1, 14797 Kloster Lehnin, Germany. Based on a role / rights management concept, access to personal data is limited to the functions and the extent necessary for the respective purpose of the processing.
Your personal data are generally processed within the Verband Bauen in Weiß e.V.and its associates (Xella), Eventbuizz ApS and the Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH. Depending on the categories of personal data, only dedicated departments / organizational units are granted access to your personal data. Such units include in particular the departments responsible for our digital offers (e.g. Websites) and our IT department. Based on a role / rights management concept, access to personal data is limited to the functions and the extent necessary for the respective purpose of the processing. If and to the extent permitted by law, we may transfer your personal data to recipients outside of our company. Such external recipients may include affiliated companies within the Xella-group, to which we may transfer personal data for e.g. accountancy administration.
VII. Do we use automated decision-making?
In connection with the operation of our Websites we generally do not use automated decision-making (including profiling) within the meaning of Article 22 GDPR. If we apply such processes in the future, we will inform you separately in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions.
Are data transferred to countries outside the EU / the EEA?
Personal data is processed generally within the European Union or the European Economic Area; we do not intend to transfer personal data to other countries.
Only in connection with the use of service providers to provide web analysis services information may be transferred to recipients in so-called "third countries". "Third countries" means countries outside the European Union or the Agreement on the European Economic Area, where a level of data protection comparable to that in the European Union cannot be readily assumed. If the information transferred contain personal data, we ensure before such a transfer that the necessary adequate level of data protection is guaranteed in the respective third country or with the recipient in the third country. This may result in particular from a so-called "adequacy resolution" of the European Commission, which establishes an appropriate level of data protection for a certain third country as a whole. Alternatively, we can also base data transmission on the so-called "EU standard contract clauses" agreed with a recipient or - in the case of recipients in the USA - on compliance with the principles of the so-called "EU-US Privacy Shield". We will be happy to provide you with further information on the appropriate and appropriate guarantees for maintaining an appropriate level of data protection upon request; the contact details can be found at the beginning of this data protection information. Information on the participants of the EU-US Privacy Shield can also be found here www.privacyshield.gov/list.
IX. How long are your data stored?
We generally store personal data as long as we have a justified interest in the retention of such data and there the interest of the data subject in refraining from the further processing do not prevail. Even without a justified interest, we may continue to store the data if there is a legal obligation (e.g. to comply with statutory retention obligations). We delete personal data even without an action by the data subject as soon as further retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed or if further retention is not permitted by law otherwise.
As far as the aforementioned processing is concerned, we regularly
a) delete the log data within seven days, if further storage is not required for purposes provided for by law, such as the detection of misuse and the detection and rectification of technical faults;
b) delete the data processed in the context of an online order after the expiration of statutory retention periods; and
c) delete the data processed in the context of a registration as user or a customer account after termination of registration or the deletion of the customer accountIf personal data need to be stored to comply with a legal obligation, such data is retained until the end of the respective retention period. If personal data are only processed to comply with a statutory retention obligation, the access to such data is usually restricted so that the data are only accessible if needed for the purpose of the retention obligation.
X. What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you may
- request access to your personal data, Article 15 GDPR;
- request the rectification of incorrect personal data, Article 16 GDPR;
- request the erasure of your personal data, Article 17 GDPR;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, Article 18 GDPR;
- exercise your right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR;
- object the processing of your personal data, Article 21 GDPR.
In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority, Article 77 GDPR.
* * *